Friday, December 7, 2012

Puffed Cranberry Walnut Granola

As my kids tell me.. I am a bit of a health food junkie!  
So here are some yummy granola I created after buying some deliciously overpriced bars!
Pin It
Puffed Cranberry Walnut Granola
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups puffed rice
2 cups puffed wheat
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 cup dried cranberries
In a small saucepan melt butter.  
Add brown sugar, honey and vanilla and bring to a boil.
In a separate bowl combine puffed rice, wheat, pecans and dried fruit. 
Pour liquid over dry ingredients and mix.  
Put mixture into a greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Then eat and enjoy with yogurt
or as a popable hand snack!
I am sharing with


Love,
Pinkapotamus

4 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I love any excuse to use cranberries this time of year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love learning something new about bloggers I follow. I would not have assumed you were a heath food nut. This granola recipe looks great. I would not have guessed it was so easy to make. I am going to have to try it. I love granola with yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! This looks so good. I would even put it over a little vanilla ice cream. ;)

    Newest follower, hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Have been thinking about making my own granola, so I take this as a sign to start with it soon! Ha, ha! =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete