Friday, August 10, 2012

DIY Vintage Burlap and Lace Door Decor

Burlap!  Oh .. I just ADORE you!
Here is my Burlap and Lace Vintage Door Decor
Pin It
Want to make one..?!?   Here's how!
Ingredients
Burlap
Lace
Sewing Machine
Stencil
Paint
Fabric
Beads or Rhinestones
Wood Dowels
Ribbon 

Start by creating your bag.  
I cut a long strap and then cut my burlap in half and cut a regtangle.
Next I sewed the edges of the strap so that it would not fray too much.
Then I sewed the bag together with the bottom edges pinned in leaving about an inch at the top open.
Next I folded over the top and sewed across it and the handle to back of the interior of the bag.
Then I had a whole bag ready for decorating!
Next I made a lacy ruffle on the sewing machine,
which I then Hot glued to the bag.
I also added another piece of lace ribbon and a ribbon flower. 
Then I used my Cricut to cut out a stencil that said "IRWIN  EST. 02"
Then I stenciled it onto my bag.
While the bag dried I created my flowers from lace, ribbon and scrap fabric which I glued to wood dowels. 
Then I put them in the bag
And hung it on my front door.
I just love it.. not a wreath.. but something a little more unique!
Oh.. I also shared some of my scrap fabrics to make this Mason jar flower bouquet for a Friend's birthday!
You can enter to win your own Mason Jar Bouquet HERE
I am sharing with these awesome BLOGS!
thecreativepaige.com
Blissful & Domestic
freckled laundry
Love and Laundry
KitchenFunTickled Pink at 504 Main
Photobucket
toastie studio
The 36th AVENUE

Love,
Pinkapotamus

12 comments:

  1. That is very cute, I love the flowers.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is wonderful! I love your flowers! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous bag!
    And there's nothing more beautiful than fabric flowers! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My glue gun and I are currently not on speaking terms after he (yes HE) nearly burned my fingertips off. If we were on speaking terms, I would dive in and make this really adorable bag and flowers. For now, I'll just have to admire yours...like most of your other projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, and I even have the stuff to make one. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It is opened until Sunday night.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/apple-cinnamon-roll-pull-aparts-and.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out so beautiful! Love the burlap and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cute! I love burlap :) and those flowers are adorable as well. Thanks so much for sharing this at our Weekend Wonders party :) Hope to see you back on Thursday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your latest project! Your burlap hanging is great and I adore those flowers! So sure hanging on your door!

    ReplyDelete