Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Super Hero Curtain (My first!)

Awhile back, my boys decided that they wanted a Super Hero Bedroom!  So I made a few things..
and a
But then much like the dog, Doug, in UP.. I got distracted.. Squirrel!
So the boys got bored waiting for me to redecorate their room.. so they took matters into their own hands.. and decided to use some cardboard coral reef paintings I made for the Cutural Fair two years ago..
They are starting to peel off the walls.. and really they need a proper bedroom!  But I do think it's totally Adorable that they wanted to hang them on the walls.


But now again, I have picked up interest in creating a super hero room.. so the first thing I made was this Super Cute super hero Curtain.. (sorry it took so long to get to the point.. but atleast there were pictures!)
So now if you would like to make one.. here is a quick tutorial!
Ingredients
White fabric with black polka dots
Felt of various colors
sewing implements
Hot glue (cause I'm Lazy)

I started by cutting with a piece of scrap fabric
 that I cut into a rectangle to fit the window.
Then I ironed it to get out the wrinkles and to crease the edges for sewing.
Next I sewed down the bottom and side edges flat.  For the top I sewed it so that there was an opening for the curtain rod to fit through.
When it was done it looked like this:
Then I grabbed my felt in red, yellow, green and black.
(ignore the white..)
And I cut out shapes for the words.
I used my Cricut to cut the words.
Then I pinned the letters to my black felt and cut them out.
Then I sewed the shapes onto my curtain.
And last I hot glued the letters onto the shapes.
Yeah.. finally after living here for 3 years.. a curtain!
Take that undecorated window!
So hopefully.. I won't swim around my fishbowl
 and forget to finish the bedroom again!
I'm soo proud of myself.. I actually made my first curtain!
I am sharing with

Love,
Pinkapotamus
P.S.  If you made it to the bottom.. I just have to say.. this is the Post that NEVER ends.. yes it goes on and on my Friends!

1 comment:

  1. The curtain definitely looked better after you gave it a dose of your creativity, Amie! Thanks for sharing this cute project with us and I can't really wait to see what project you have in store for us this week!

    have a fab weekend!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    to-sew-with-love.com
    tocookwithlove.com
    villaportillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete