Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Old Frame to Mixed Media Art

If you have spent ANY time here at Pinkapotamus.. you may have come to the realization that I just
A-dore making my kids into art! 
Here is my latest example of this!
It all started with two old frames that my mom gave me (Thanks MOM!).
I started by ripping off all of the glued on pieces so I had a blank canvas.  (there are two.. I only did one so far!)
Next I added a picture of my daughter and adjusted the colors in photobucket and made her into a princess butterfly.  Cute, right?
Then I started with the background.  I cut all kinds of crazy grass shapes out of different green scrapbook papers and layered them to make a scrappy 3-d background.
Once the grass was done I painted the sky blue with several shades of blue, some purple and a highlight of white.  I also used my Martha Stewart ABC punches to create the phrase "He gave her wings so she could fly"
Next I added my girl with a real tulle tutu back into the picture along with some sweet butterflies to keep her company.
Then of course, I added it to my spring mantel.. which will be revealed.. um once I finish creating it!
In the meantime, I am just loving this my mixed media art!
Hey, by the way.. don't forget to share your crafty posts with both the Pink Hippo Party and the Stumble Upon Party
I am sharing with
{Junk in their Trunk}
Dragonfly Designs
wednesday's wowzers
Love,
Pinkapotamus

No comments:

Post a Comment