Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween Wreath

So.. I'm back.. even with all of my grief.. I just CANNOT sit still.  I have to keep busy.. so the kids and I have been trying to decorate the house for Halloween.. you know get into the spirit.  So this morning I sat down and made a super spooky upcycled wreath. 
It started out as this wreath..
But it ended up as this one:
So here is a quick tutorial so you can make one too!
First I started by adding the purple ribbon to my wreath.
  Then I cut a big cirlce out of my gray felt and glued it underneath the wreath.
Then I used this paper
 to cut out the shapes of the cemetery , dracula and the tree from black felt.
Next I glued it to the gray felt background.
Then I used my bat craft punch
 to make 3-D bats for the background and outside of the wreath..
I used some old fancy popsicle sticks to make a fence by painting them black.
Last I glued the fence on and had myself a new spooky wreath.
Hope you have fun making Halloween decorations!
 I am sharing with

Photobucket
thecreativepaige.com
freckled laundry








Love,
Pinkapotamus

3 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I think I could really become a wreath person with all the inspiration out there. :)

    I would love to have you drop by Happy Hour Projects and link up at Freestyle Friday - the linky is open all weekend!

    Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's darling- great job! Stopping by from Freckled Laundry- stop by and say hello sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I loved this idea so much that I featured it tonight!! I would love if you would come by, check it out and grab a button!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    http://delicateconstruction.blogspot.com/2011/10/delicately-constructed-features_20.html

    ReplyDelete