Friday, April 15, 2011

Upcycled Pants Purse

For those of you who don't know me.. I am sewing machine challenged.  That does not mean that I cannot sew at all .. it just means that I have to do everything by hand as opposed to quickly.  So today I decided that I would give making a bag out of old pants a try.. So here it is!
Pretty cute huh?  Well here is a short tutorial on how to make one of your own.  Start with an old pair of pants.
Here are mine..

Pretty old and ragged.. and way too ripped to wear outside of cleaning day.  Cut off the legs.

Then turn inside out and pin the bottoms together.

Then sew the inside seam.  Once it it sewn together you now have a bag!  All you need now is a handle.

Next take a long strip of the leg and fold it together to form a handle and sew.

Then sew into the inside of the bag.

Then you can add a fabric flower from some leftover leg fabric.  And now you have something new out of your old raggy pants!  Yay!

I am sharing with



125button
Photobucket



Love,
Pinkapotamus

6 comments:

  1. These are cute! My Mother-in-Law made some for my daughter once. Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and follow back when you have a chance. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. I’m also hosting a blog hop today as well. Come add your blog when you get a chance if you haven’t already. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

    A Mommy’s Sweet Blog Design
    Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!

    Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
    If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, love the Easter banner, especially the bunny hugging the heart! Too cute. Wish I could sew! Envious of your talent. New follower and hope you can follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun craft idea. Yours turned out great!

    I am visiting from the Friday blog hop. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not crazy!!! Someone else is using pants to mke purses! I am cutting up blue jeans to make a large braided rug for my living room and thought about using the left overs to make purses with so not to waste anything. fantastic idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great repurposing idea, Amie! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete