Tuesday, April 19, 2011

More Stashbusting Projects: Pirate Frame

A couple weeks ago I bought a picture frame at Michaels for about $8.  I kept thinking about what to do with it and then (insert lightbulb!) it hit me.. it would make an adorable door hanging from my kids rooms.  I have two boys and one girl so I could make one of each with the people signs that I obsess over!  So here is the first one.. a Pirate.. arrgh!
First I glued the fabric to a piece of cardboard.

Then I started with my stash busting materials which included the frame, pirate fabric, felt, paint and craft glue.
Next I added the skin tone to my pirate.

Next I gave my pirate his clothes (so he wouldn't shiver me timbers ... ha ha ah!)!

Then I added him to my picture frame with the fabric background in place. 

And last I added a little conversation bubble made from a paper bag that says "Only Pirate May Enter Here".

Now my boys have a cute sign for their Pirate bedroom door!  When I buy the hook to hang it I am going to staple some of the striped fabric to the frame to hang it from. 
Tomorrow I will be sharing the Fairy version a door frame.. so stay tuned!
I am sharing with
Strictly Homemade Tuesday
Photobucket

Running with Glitter

Love,
Pinkapotamus

3 comments:

  1. This sign rocks! Thanks for feeling my pain about the stairs AmieAnn!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the perfect little boy who will love this for his 5th birthday. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    Thank you so much for linking up to Strictly Homemade Tuesday. I hope to see you back next week!!

    ReplyDelete