Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hearts and Hands V-Day Banner

One last grovel on my knees begging plea from me before I present my banner.. My Love me Love my Crafts Swap has 1 more participant.. please help me reach my goal of 20.. that's only 16 more of you!  So here is where you sign up!
C'mon.. you know your already making V-day stuff why not share?

Now on to the banner!  I love burlap.. not so much the feel or the smell of it.. but absolutely the LOOK of it!  So this year I decided to get a little red and white to make a V-day banner.  My inspiration came from this little plaque that my littlest guy made last year for V-day!  It is his birthday after all! 
From this came this banner

It's not perfect by an stretch.. but I love it's imperfects.. kinda gives it that childlike quality.  So here is the quick tutorial on how to make your own!

Ingredients
red and white burlap
pink, red and black felt
cardstock (for tracing)
craft glue
twine
clothes pins

Start by making the triangle penants on the red and white burlap

I made two white for each set of handprints and one red to go at both ends and between the handprints.
Then trace your children's hands and cut them out of red felt

Then make pink felt hearts for each red banner piece

Last cut out the first initial for each child's name.  I used the cricut to cut the letter first and then traced on felt

Then glue all the pieces together

Then hang on the twine with clothespins

This is how mine looked completed and hung on the mantle!

Hope you share your hearts and hands too!
I am sharing with


freckled laundry


Catch a Glimpse Button






Katie's Nesting Spot
Beyond The Picket Fence



monogram
Blog Button


BWS tips button
Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! A great way to get your kids involved and the hands give you a little reminder of how small they were once. :)
    thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you at 'A bowl full of lemons'. I am participating in the weekly challenges and am following you and I would love it if you would follow me too at www.anorganisedmum.blogspot.com
    It will be great for us all to inspire one another to get organised.
    Thanks
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet project! Love it. Thank you for sharing with air your laundry Friday!

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete